Gustavo Alfaro, “Ecuador coach” has urged his players to do whatever they can to ensure that they secure a win against Senegal as they chase for the knockout qualifications.
According to FIFA rankings of football, Senegal is 18th in playing football and Ecuador are in the 44th position in terms of playing good football.
However, one area of concern for the South Americans is the fitness of captain Enner Valencia after he was carried off late in the Netherlands draw with a recurrence of a knee strain. The 33-year-old forward has scored all three of Ecuador’s goals in Qatar, adding to the three he bagged in Brazil in 2014.
Alfaro told uncovered news on Monday that “I’m convinced we’ve done everything we can, we’ve done our homework, hopefully tomorrow we will be strong and fortunate enough against Senegal, who are a great team, and hopefully we will go through, because we deserve it,”.
Progression out of the group would match Ecuador’s all-time best World Cup showing in 2006, when they made it to the knockout phase for the first time ever before exiting to England.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira