The number of students who died in a suspected ADF rebel attack at Peter Hunter Secondary, the death rates has hit 40.
Lt. Maate Magwara, the Deputy RDC Kasese in charge of Bukonzo County, together with the UPDF and Uganda Police, are now at the scene, and a serious operation in the entire Kasese District has started.
Reports from the scene indicate that six students are currently admitted to Bwera General Hospital in critical condition, and a yet-to-be identified number of other students have been abducted.
Police spokesperson CP Fred Enanga had earlier announced that 25 students were killed, but the number seems to have been updated as the scene is being thoroughly examined.
Fred Enanga told uncovered news reporters that “Last night, we registered a terrorist attack by the ADF rebels on Lhubirira Secondary School, in Mpondwe, which is located about 2 kilometers from the DRC border”.
“A dormitory was burned and a food store looted. So far, 25 bodies have been recovered from the school and transferred to Bwera Hospital”. Enanga added.
However, police had earlier recovered eight victims, who remain in critical condition at Bwera Hospital.
He added that a hot pursuit by the UPDF and the police was ongoing towards Virunga National Park.
“We do offer our deepest condolences to the families of those who have been killed and offer our prayers and thoughts to those who have been wounded. More details will be available in due course”.
In conclusion, we send our sincere condolences for the deaths of the students. May their souls rest in peace.😭😭
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka