This morning, reports emerged that suspected Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) rebels attacked a school and killed about 25 students in Kasese district.
The neighborhood community told our news reporters that the militants raided Peter Hunter Secondary School, located in Nyabugando, near the Uganda and Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) border, on Friday night, June 16th, 2023.
The attack occurred while the students were asleep in their dormitory at the all-boys boarding school. In response to the incident, the police and military have deployed specialized combat forces and counterterrorism units to the school.
Out of approximately 50 students at the school, only three survivors have been found so far, indicating that over 20 students have been taken captive by the militants.
It’s also said that the attackers also set fire to the school van, broke into the school’s store, and looted food supplies, including posho and beans, as well as other items, as well as abducting an unknown number of students before retreating back into the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
This unfortunate event marks the second instance in less than a year where militants have launched attacks on Ugandan territory from the DRC. In December 2022, the Ugandan army successfully eliminated 11 ADF fighters who had crossed into Uganda from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka