The Chief Justice, Alfonse Chigamoy Owiny Dollo Chigamoi, has assigned the Acting Registrar for Magistrates Affairs and Data Management, His Worship Ereemye James Mawanda, as the new Public Relations Officer of the Judiciary.
The Chief Registrar, Her Worship Sarah Langa Siu has welcomed the appointment, saying the new Public Relations Officer will be instrumental in fostering public awareness and the image of the Judiciary in line with Judiciary Strategic Plan V and thanked Justice Karemani for the great job he did in his previous position.
“In exercise of the powers conferred upon the Chief Justice under Article 133 of the Constitution and in accordance with Section 3(a) of the Administration of the Judiciary Act, I hereby assign you as Public Relations Officer of the Judiciary, in addition to your duties as a Registrar,” a letter signed by Chief Justice Owiny-Dollo read in part.
However, the new Judiciary Public Relations Officer replaces Justice Jamson Karemani Karemera, who until his recent elevation as Judge of the High Court was serving both as Deputy Registrar and Public Relations Officer, a position he had held since 2019.
Ereemye is a career judicial officer whose experience spans 27 years and has seen him grow through the ranks from Magistrate Grade III Trainee, Magistrate Grade II, Magistrate Grade I, Chief Magistrate, Deputy Registrar, and Acting Registrar.
In conclusion, his worship Ereemye now takes on the Registry of Communications and Public Relations to supervise a team of professional communications officers and will also deputize the Chief Registrar as the spokesperson of the Judiciary.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka