Earlier on Wednesday, Uncovered news reported Pele had been taken to Sao Paulo’s Hospital Albert Einstein with “general swelling”. The daughter to Pele, Kely Nascimento posted on her Instagram that there was “no new dire prediction”.
“Rememeber Pele had a tumour removed from his colon in September 2021 and has since had regular treatment at the hospital “.
“Lots of alarm in the media today concerning my dad’s health,” Nascimento said.
“He is in the hospital regulating medication.
“There is no emergency or new dire prediction. I will be there for New Years and promise to post some pictures.”
Uncovered news also reported that the 82-year-old was having cardiac issues and there are concerns that his chemotherapy treatment is not having the expected effect.
Pele is Brazil’s all-time leading scorer with 77 goals in 92 games, and the former striker is one of only four players to have scored in four World Cup tournaments.
Pele and 1970: How the greatest player of all time cemented his legend
Our coverage of your Premier League club is bigger and better than ever before – follow your team and sign up for notifications in the BBC Sport app to make sure you never miss a moment
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka