Al Ittihad women’s team has announced the signing of Nigerian defender Ashleigh Plumtre from Leicester City.
Super Falcons of Nigeria star Ashleigh Plumtre has completed a move to Saudi Arabia’s women’s premier league club Al Ittihad.
The signing to Saudi Arabia followed a successful outing with the Nigerian women’s national team at the just concluded FIFA women’s world cup and her contract running out with Leicester City, four years after moving to the Premier League side from La Galaxy.
Ashleigh is one of the highly rated female players to join the Saudi Arabia women’s club.
Additionally, Plumptre is looking forward to playing on the Saudi team, as she is already warming herself up to the culture and lifestyle here in her new home.
Making efforts to speak the language at her arrival at the team, “salam alaykum,” she said at her unveiling
Statement by Ashleigh following her transfer:
I am grateful to have signed for Al Ittihad and am excited to start this journey alongside some incredible human beings.
However, this transfer is arguably one of the biggest women’s players to make the switch to Saudi Arabia.
In conclusion, many big names in the men’s game have successfully made the switch over the years, and so many moved during the summer transfer window this year, including the likes of Neymar Jr., Henderson, Benzema, and Mahrez, to mention but a few.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled