At least 30 people have picked up nomination forms to compete for the 38 available positions in the top leadership of the Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) party.
Addressing journalists at the party headquarters in Najjanankumbi, the Chairperson of the party Electoral Commission, Boniface Bamwenda, said that 19 people picked the forms on Friday last week, adding that as of midday today, 30 people had picked the nomination forms ahead of the deadline tomorrow.
He added that the process will continue with the nomination of candidates upon the return of fully filled nomination forms, academic documents, and receipts of payment of nomination fees, among other requirements.
However, in an interview with uncoveredug news reporters, FDC president, Mr. Patrick Amuriat, said they will ask their delegates to shun the September 19th conference, threatening sanctions on those who go against the directive.
Meanwhile, FDC has vowed to block the party delegate’s conference organized by the national chairman, Wasswa Birigwa, on the grounds that it was not authorized by the party organs.
In an interview with uncoveredug news reporters, FDC president, Mr. Patrick Amuriat, said they will ask their delegates to shun the September 19th conference, threatening sanctions on those who go against the directive.
In conclusion, it is not until next week that the party will know who has contested for what position.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled