The Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) and the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of Congo (FADRC) say they have rescued nineteen people in the ongoing operation against the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) rebels.
However, he explains that the group was reported to the joint base at Bwakadde in Ituri province after the soldiers attacked an ADF camp in Tingwe Hills, north-east of Erengeti Town.
According to a statement issued by Major Bilal Katamba, the Mountain Division/Operation Shujaa spokesperson, the Saturday operation saw eight children, nine women, and two men rescued.
“The 19 were airlifted by the UPDF and are receiving medical care from the UPDF medical team,” Katamba said in a statement.
“Among the nine women is a mother who delivered two months ago and was left in the bush by her colleagues after failing to keep pace with her group,” the statement reads further.
“This was during the Commander Land Forces, Lt Gen Kayanja Muhanga’s, courtesy call to chiefs in Ituri as he toured the different bases of the joint forces in the province,” the statement adds.
Recently, the UPDF revealed that they have so far killed over 540 ADF rebels and captured 50 alive, while 31 have surrendered to the joint forces in the DRC since November 30, 2021.
In conclusion, Katamba says the forces recovered a gun after killing one ADF fighter on Saturday.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka