The Rays’ fortunes take another turn for the worse after losing Randy Arozarena and Jason Adam to injury in addition to Brandon Lowe.
On Friday night, the Tampa Bay Rays’ injury woes just went from bad to worse, putting an even greater damper on their 6-2 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays.
With the 2023 MLB playoffs just around the corner, suffering injuries to some of the team’s key players is an aspiring World Series contender’s worst nightmare.
In the top of the fifth inning, manager Kevin Cash had to insert Manny Margot in place of Randy Arozarena after the Rays left fielder suffered tightness to his right quad.
The 28-year-old slugger is now day-to-day, Cash told reporters, per Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. At the moment, it remains unclear just how severe the injury Arozarena picked up is and if he’ll need to miss more time, if any at all.
Meanwhile, the Rays will also find their pitching corps a bit thinner after losing reliever Jason Adam to yet another injury not too long after his return from the injured list. Per Topkin, Adam suffered “oblique discomfort” that feels more severe than his previous injury.
In conclusion, the team should get more clarity regarding his situation in the coming days as the 32-year-old reliever undergoes imaging on his injured oblique. READ MORE
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira