In Kabale District, Parish chairperson arrested over Parish Development Model(PDM) oover bribing the members of the Parish.
Security operatives have arrested the Chairperson of Musamba Parish in Rubaya Sub County, Ndorwa West County, on charges of accepting bribes from members of the Parish Development Model(PDM)
The arrest was confirmed by Andrew Ronald Bakak, the Deputy Resident District Commissioner of Kabale region, following numerous complaints from leaders and members of the Parish Development Model. The suspect, identified as Monday Charles, is currently in custody.
According to Bakak, the accused individual colluded with the Parish Chief, who is also wanted for questioning, to extort bribes ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 shillings from members of the Parish Development Model. They deceived the members by falsely promising to include them in the list of beneficiaries.
Bakak stated that a thorough investigation was conducted to establish the veracity of the claims. With the truth now confirmed, further inquiries are being launched to identify anyone suspected of soliciting bribes from members of the Parish Development Model.
The Parish Development Model, launched in 2021, is a government initiative aimed at lifting 39 percent of Ugandans from poverty. It operates as a revolving fund with the objective of improving household incomes and welfare. Bakak emphasized that it is unacceptable for anyone to demand bribes from beneficiaries.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled