Police in Soroti District have arrested two government officials over corruption allegations.
The arrest of these officials were ordered by Ms Anne Twinomugisha Muhairwe, Deputy inspector General of Government when she was in the Soroti District.
The officials are the acting district engineer, Mr Alex Oriokot, and the District Education Officer, Mr James Oede.
Corruption in the country is too much especially among the government officials.
We were told by one of the members who didn’t want to mention his name told us that “The acting engineer allegedly connived with some of the technical officers to misuse money meant for the identification of an architect to design new administration structures,”.
The education officer, Mr James Oede is accused of misusing Shs8m of the Shs18m meant for the construction of a pit latrine at Along Primary School in Lale sub-county.
The regional IGG, Rashid Ssentongo yold our news reporters that “You connived with your friend a diploma holder, Mr George Ogango, who is incompetent and that tells us you drew the architectural designs, and everything surrounding the construction without advertisements and following the lawful procedures,”.
In conclusion, we thank Ms Twinomugisha for the order she made for the arrest of these government officials. Let them act as example to others who are still practicing corruption in the District as well as the country at large.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira