Four civil servants in Kigezi sub-region were Tuesday arrested on charges of abuse of office, causing financial loss and embezzlement.
The arrests were made by officials from the State House Anti-Corruption Unit, who later handed over the suspects to police.
Those arrested include the Rubanda District Engineer, Mr Denis Twesigomwe, the Rubanda District Water Officer, Mr David Otika, the Ryakarimira Town Council Engineer in Kabale District, Mr Spencer Ngabirano and the Kanungu District Senior Engineer, Mr Eric Mutumba Sivaseya.
Mr Elly Maate, Kigezi Regional Police Spokesperson told uncovered news that “The accused persons have been brought here at Kabale police station for safe custody as plans are underway to take them to State House Anti-Corruption Unit headquarters in Kampala for further investigations,”.
The accused persons were arrested at the Kabale Municipal Council offices where they had gone to record statements in regard to the alleged loss of funds from government projects they supervise.
Last week, the State Minister for Economic Monitoring, Ms Beatrice Akello Akori, together with officials from the State House Anti-Corruption Unit inspected several government projects in Kigezi and unearthed shoddy work in some of them.
In conclusion, we thank mr Maate for the great work donein kigezi regional 🙏🙏🙏
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira