Four suspects accused of killing senior state attorney Joan Namazzi Kagezi in 2015 have been charged with murder and terrorism before the Chief Magistrate’s Court in Nakawa.
The suspects were arraigned on Monday before Chief Magistrate Elias Kakooza, who remanded them until November 20, 2023, for mention of their case
However, State prosecutors under their umbrella organization, the Uganda Prosecutors Association, and the children of the late Joan Kagezi showed up to witness the moment.
Related articles; Joan Kagezi killers finally arrested, says Museveni
Apparently, the quartet faces two counts, including terrorism and the murder of Kagezi on March 30, 2015, at Kiwatule as she was driving home with her children.
Nakimbugwe has told uncoveredug news reporters that “we are glad that finally, the day has come; we are hopeful that we are going to get justice for the family and for the prosecution agency at large that one of us was taken out of action when she was doing her work.”.
Ms. Irene Nakibungwe, the assistant DPP spokesperson, says the other suspects at large will be apprehended. However, they were not allowed to take pleas because the court has no jurisdiction to hear capital offenses.
Additionally, the suspects were arraigned on Monday before Chief Magistrate Elias Kakooza, who remanded them until November 20, 2023, for mention of their case.
At the time of her murder by shooting, Kagezi was the lead prosecutor for the 2010 twin bombings in Kampala. The office of the DPP has since started a memorial lecture to remember her life and dedication to serving.
In conclusion, the suspects have been identified as Kisseka Daniel Kiwanuka, Kibuuka John, Nasur Abdallah Mugonole, and Musajagge John.
- Link Bus driver arrested for using a phone while driving
- Mathias Mpuuga Praised for Effective Leader of Opposition
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 7, 2023Police in Tororo District have killed a 26-year-old man, Godfrey Odoi
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Victor Kamenyo advises all his Wife’s admirers to use Soap
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Geosteady discharged from hospital After a four day sickness
- Celebrity GossipDecember 7, 2023Gabie Ntaate speaks about her struggles with Anger issues