Busoga Kingdom has confirmed Queen Jovia Mutesi after successful traditional ceremonies.
According to a statement from the office of the Kingdom’s Prime Minister, the royal wedding of the Kyabazinga of Busoga, William Wilberforce Gabula Nadiope IV, with Queen Mutesi is scheduled for November 18, 2023, at Christ Cathedral in Jinja City.
During the ceremony, the King will officially unveil Queen Mutesi to the kingdom and the world at large.
“It is a momentous day for the people of Busoga all over the world as I officially announce that we have got Her Royal Highness Inhebantu of Busoga following the just concluded traditional ceremonies earlier in the day that were successfully held,” the statement reads in part.
“This is a true reflection of how cultured our King and Queen are,” the statement reads further.
“Virtual Portrait Unveiling, Her Royal Highness Inebantu (Queen of Busoga), Jovia Mutesi,” he wrote.
The Kyabazingaship in Busoga is an elected post. Initially, the King was chosen from among the five hereditary chiefs who traced their ancestry directly to Bunyoro-Kitara. However, Busoga’s constitution was modified to allow all 11 hereditary chiefs to stand for election as Kyabazinga.
In conclusion, in a brief post shared on social media platform X, the former Twitter, King Nadiope unveiled the Queen’s face to the world by attaching her portrait.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka