Emeritus Bishop The Bishop Emeritus of Ankore Diocese, Rev. Dr. George Tibesigwa, has passed away and he will be laid to rest on Saturday.
His death was confirmed by the Dean of St. James Cathedral, Rev. Can. Bobs Nathan Mwesigye, on Wednesday evening.
It’s said that Tibesigwa passed away on Wednesday at Mayanja Memorial Hospital at the age of 78 after battling Diabetes for years.
Additionally, He said the diocese will draft a tentative program for the burial of the late emeritus Bishop of Ankore diocese.
Born in Rugando Sub County, Rwampara District, the emeritus Bishop Dr. George Tibesigwa was consecrated the fourth Bishop of Ankore Diocese on September 2, 2007 by the emeritus Archbishop of the Church of Uganda, Henry Luke Olombi, in the then Mbarara municipality, a position he held till 2010.
According to Rev. Can. Edison Abaasa, the Diocesan Secretary, the deceased will be laid to rest at Ruharo Cathedral at a later date, which will be announced by the diocese.
In conclusion, the late Tibesigwa was a member of the board at ACODE, having joined in 2015. He also served as a consultant on planning, development, management, leadership, and administration at Uganda Christian University and as an advisor on Community welfare and development Issues.
In 2013, President Museveni appointed Emeritus Bishop Tibesigwa as a presidential advisor on the South-Western region.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipMarch 5, 2024Pastor Jengo Accused Of Selling Late Pastor Yiga’s Property
- International newsMarch 5, 2024Diplomatic Initiatives Intensify To Broker Israel & Hamas Ceasefire
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today