Makerere University and the African Institute for Capacity Development (AICAD) have unveiled a platform that will be used to gather and share scientific research published by public universities in East Africa.
Unveiling the platform that will be housed at Makerere University today, AICAD Country Director, Mr. Gaston Ampe Tumuhimbise, said that research and innovations will be disseminated to the public to make use of it.
As a result, all the research and innovation developed by public universities funded by the government in East Africa will be gathered in the same space, after which it will be made available to the public.
He says that scientists should not create knowledge and keep it away on the grounds that they are protecting their patents and intellectual rights when the public is suffering.
Additionally, innovators and entrepreneurs should be able to use the generated knowledge and content to create goods and services, something he said will in turn eradicate poverty.
Makerere University Vice Chancellor, Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe, says no country can develop without research, stressing that the world is now in the era of knowledge-based sharing, where those in the know are the ones that develop.
In conclusion, He added that with this appointment, Makerere is ready to work with AICAD to coordinate all member universities and other research data-generating agencies to pursue the idea of open science.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled