Local Council One and Two operations will be illegal starting today. This is after the terms of the LCI and II chairpersons expired yesterday.
A section of constitutional lawyers says LCs will be operating illegally unless parliament comes up with an amendment to the Local Government Act 2010 to legalize their operations again.
They are often involved in land transactions and settling domestic disputes, as well as providing village documents like reference letters and stamps to residents.
Cabinet yesterday reportedly discussed the highly contentious matter, which has left the public in panic due to the would-be perceived illegal operations of the village chiefs.
In addition, the local councils play a very big role in different parts of the country, especially in rural areas; they act as the first police in the areas where they are
For instance, one cannot be given bail or open a bank account without an LC1 letter.
Yesterday, the FDC urged the government to avail funds for the LC elections, saying these offices are very important.
Here at Uncovered News, we encourage the Uganda government to embrace the election of the local councils of different parts of the country because they play a very big role in the development of the areas.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka