The Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) Katonga faction has accused the Najjanankumbi faction of submitting fraudulent documents to the court.
This internal division within the FDC has been spearheaded by Erias Lukwago, the Kampala Lord Mayor, who leads the Katonga faction, while Patrick Oboi Amuriat and Nanthan Nandala Mafabi head the Najjanankumbi faction. This split occurred due to allegations that Amuriat and Nandala received questionable funds from President Yoweri Museveni for Amuriat’s 2021 presidential campaign.
The Katonga faction’s primary objective has been to obstruct the delegates’ conference organized by Amuriat’s group. However, a recent development revealed that one of the FDC vice chairpersons from the Najjanankumbi faction had signed a notice inviting party members to a conference scheduled for Friday in Kampala. The factions convened at the High Court for a hearing related to Lukwago’s group’s attempt to halt the delegates’ conference.
The central argument revolved around whether Boniface Toterebuka Bamwenda, the head of the Electoral Commission at Najjanankumbi, had the authority to call a delegates’ conference, a power that the Katonga faction claimed belonged solely to the party chairman, Wasswa Birigwa. Nevertheless, it emerged that Kibuuka Mukalazi, Birigwa’s deputy for Buganda region, had signed the notice for the conference. Lukwago contended that this notice was a forgery, citing his hospitalization in Nairobi on the day of Mukalazi’s alleged signing.
Birigwa disavowed Mukalazi’s actions and implied that any leaders elected through this conference would lack legitimacy. Lukwago emphasized that the court’s decision would not deter FDC supporters from fighting for their party.
In conclusion, Salaamu Musumba, FDC vice chairperson for eastern Uganda, expressed astonishment at the level of betrayal among her longtime colleagues, questioning Mukalazi’s authority to call a meeting without prior consultation with his colleagues. Read More
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 7, 2023Police in Tororo District have killed a 26-year-old man, Godfrey Odoi
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Victor Kamenyo advises all his Wife’s admirers to use Soap
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Geosteady discharged from hospital After a four day sickness
- Celebrity GossipDecember 7, 2023Gabie Ntaate speaks about her struggles with Anger issues