A newly appointed magistrate has been arrested for sitting exams for his girlfriend at the Law Development Center.
In a statement released by LDC director Frank Nigel Othembi, he confirmed that Semwogerere is a grade one magistrate.
Othembi told uncovered news reporters that “We reported the matter to the police, and he has been charged with two counts of uttering a false document contrary to Section 351 of the Penal Code Act and Impersonation contrary to Section 381 of the Penal Code Act and remanded to prison till August 3, 2023. We will ensure that this case is prosecuted fully to its conclusion, including all other culpable persons.”.
Additionally, Semwogerere Ammaari, also known as Mukisa Anthony, who is among the new magistrates appointed by the Judicial Service Commission two weeks ago, was caught red-handed sitting exams for his girlfriend, Irene Mutonyi, at the LDC campus.
“LDC is currently conducting final written examinations across all its three campuses: Kampala, Lira, and Mbarara. LDC does not condone any act of examination malpractice. We will continue with our zero tolerance policy towards any such conduct.”
A separate statement by the Judiciary also confirmed Semwogerere as a grade one magistrate appointed recently by the Judicial Service Commission but revealed that going forward, he will not be employed in the judiciary.
In conclusion, The Judiciary said in a statement that “Ssemwogerere Ammaari Musa was appointed a judicial officer on June 12, 2023, by the Judicial Service Commission alongside 86 other persons to the position of Magistrate Grade One on probation. According to the Chief Registrar, Her Worship Sarah Langa Siu, the Judiciary is finalizing the appointment process of the said officers, after which they will be sworn in.”.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled