President Museveni is slated to address the country today on security concerns and other matters of national importance.
Ahead of the address scheduled to commence at 8 p.m. this evening, Uncovered Uganda has sampled a section of Members of Parliament to establish what they would like President Museveni’s address to focus on.
Kajwegye told uncovered news reporters that “I have a feeling that he is going to address the nation on the unfortunate massacre of children at Lhubiriha Secondary School in Kasese. He will probably be addressing the nation on how far government response has gone and the way forward.”.
Nyabushozi legislator who also doubles as the chairperson of the Committee on Defense and Internal Affairs, Mr. Wilson Kajwegye, hopes Mr. Museveni will update the country on the recent gruesome attack on the Lhubiriha Secondary School in Kasese by suspected Allied Defense Force (ADF) rebels, which left over 40 people dead.
Mr. Ronald Balimwezo, the Nakawa East MP, wants Museveni to provide redress for the low salaries earned by the security personnel, something he believes directly affects the safety of Ugandans.
“The junior officers of government in prisons, police, and the army are paid so little money that they cannot pay school fees for their children, and they are seeing people holding money without security. So what they have to do is use their guns to kill and steal that money. The only way we can avoid that is to make sure that we increase their salaries,” Balimwezo said.
On the other hand, the shadow minister for health, Mr. Timothy Batuwa, wants President Museveni to come clear on the persistent cries of the medical interns in Uganda. He wants a definitive position to inform the next course of action from the government.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled