Newcastle United breaks UEFA rules following their late arrival at Milan for the first leg of their Champions League group stage match, as their plane took off two hours and 20 minutes late.
Eddie Howe missed the manager press conference at Milan
Newcastle begins their Champions League group match against AC Milan this Tuesday, but they might already be in trouble before they even kick the ball as they missed their pre-match media obligations.
The Magpies are facing a UEFA probe for breaking Champions League rules as they showed up late before their first Champions League match in 20 years.
Newcastle’s squad was still flying over France when their pre-match was scheduled to take place on San Siro soil.
Their flight was supposed to take off at 2:30 from United Airport, but due to a delay in flight takeoff, their Boeing 737 private jet took off around 4:45 p.m., 15 minutes ahead of coach Eddie Howe and coach Sandro Tonali in pre-view of their match.
Further, Eddie Howe has insisted that their delayed arrival at the San Siro will not affect their performance in the games.
Newcastle were punished as they were barred from training yesterday evening, which is usually the visiting team’s practice before their match with the home team.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled