The Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) has sacked Kira Municipality MP Ibrahim Ssemujju Nganda as Chief Whip in the 11th Parliament. He has been replaced with Mawokota South MP Yusuf Nsibambi.
Political watchers now opine that a wounded Nandala is attempting to eventually kick out the likes of Ssemujju and all those who are against the Patrick Amuriat-Nandala-led administration out of FDC.
The changes have been announced by the party Secretary general, Nandala Mafabi, in a communiqué to the Speaker of Parliament dated August 7.
Additionally, the POA-Nandala block plans to move on with internal party elections regardless of other party members’ opinions about having them off. At the end of the day, the POA-Nandala block will bounce back.
“As long as the 120 districts are electing their delegates to elect party leaders and the 30+ are against it, the automatic POA will walk back for his second term,” says a political analyst.
However, Other commentators believe Nandala’s move to appoint Nsibambi is aimed at splitting the Ssemujju-Lukwago block.
“If I were Hon. Nsibambi, I would decline this appointment because it’s not in good spirit. Hon. Nandala wants to use Nsibambi, a longtime friend of Besigye and a fellow Muslim and Muganda, to create a rift between him and Hon. Ssemujju. Nsibambi is already appointed as a Shadow Minister for Works and Transport,” observes Mp. David Kabanda.
“The appointment of Hon. Nsibambi has come at the wrong time when the party is in a debilitating state. This shame of corruption coupled with greed for power is like seeing a camel through a needle,” adds Joe Omara Makim.
In conclusion, Nsibambi, who has been a longtime ally and friend of Kizza Besigye, is now being urged not to accept the appointment.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled